CBSE Class 11 Exam Preparation
Choosing the right stream after 10th is a crucial task for every student life. The stream that a student
chooses after 10th plays a huge role in determining his/her career path. CBSE Class 11 is considered as one
of the most crucial stages in a student’s life. Many students tend not to take CBSE Class 11 seriously until
it is late. Students who want to score good marks in their Class 12 CBSE Board Examination must not take
Class 11 lightly. Students must learn to understand the concepts of subjects and apply them in the provided
situation. This will improve their logical thinking as well as their analytical skills. In below article, we
have tried to give brief understanding about the importance of cbse class 11 for class 12 board exam.
CBSE Class 11th Stream Wise Subject List
CBSE Class 11th Commerce Subjects:
Commerce as a course of education can be interpreted as a study of business and trade pursuits such as the
exchange of goods and services from the producer to the final customer. Commerce is the field of study in
which students who are interested in business, financial information/transactions, trading of economic
values, merchandising and trading. Commerce act as trading conduct for economic agents.
- Accountancy: Accountancy is the practice of recording, allocating and outlining on
trade transactions for a business. It provides an assessment of management concerning the financial
outcomes and ranking of an establishment.
- Business Studies: Business Studies give an individual a substantial foundation and
understanding of how a business should be operated, and improve one’s communication, operation,
strategy, and commercial activity skill. It allows an in-depth study of a degree of specialties. Such as
finance, accountancy, marketing, and organization.
- Statistics : Many ideas economic theory, like functional relationship amongst
variables, are asserted in terms of symbols, algebra, calculus, etc. To examine several economic and
social phenomena events, economic theories are better understood and analyzed according to the
appropriate numbers. These numbers, which is also known as statistics represent facts on the basis of a
mass of figures. This statistics help is a comparison of facts.
- Economics: Economics is the study of shortage. In other words, it is the study of how
people make the utilization of resources and counter to the incentives. It helps people to understand
how an individual, companies, and government make a decision on declared resources to satisfy each
desire and requirements.
- Mathematics: Mathematics is an important part of commerce; all the methods of economics
depend on the numbers. With the basic knowledge of math principles, an individual and an organization
will be able to understand where they position themselves financially in the present and in the future.
CBSE Class 11th Humanities/Arts Subjects:
Students have to rot some facts, events, timeline & names etc. But overall, History, Geography, Economics & Polity subjects also require the understanding of topics.
- History & Fine Arts: History is a subject based on the succession of events so having the correct order is key to success. It is essential, therefore, to ensure that your notes follow a chronological order. You should split your study notes by topic, then by years, decades and centuries. Some memorisation skills are required and should be part of your learning process when studying history.
- Geography: Geography is the study of places and the relationships between people and their environments. Geography seeks to understand where things are found, why they are there, and how they develop and change over time.
- Economics: Economics is the study of shortage. In other words, it is the study of how people make the utilization of resources and counter to the incentives. It helps people to understand how an individual, companies, and government make a decision on declared resources to satisfy each desire and requirements.
- Political Science: The study of political science requires to understand the levels of government that exist. Students need to understand different political ideas and theories and the different groups that influence government. Again, students have to memorise this subject too.
- Public Administration: Public Administration about the implementation of government policies and the working of the government machinery. Those aspiring for civil services/ public administration will find this subject useful. Public administrators are public servants working in public departments and agencies, at all levels of government.
- Psychology: Psychology is the scientific study of human mind and behaviour. It specializes in the study of experiences, behaviours, and mental processes of human beings within a socio-cultural and historical context.
- Sociology: Sociology studies social status, social movements, and social change, as well as societal disorder in the form of crime, deviance, and revolution. In this subject, you get to know more about human societies, their interactions, and the processes that preserve and change them.
- Philosophy: Philosophy covers issues pertaining to humanity and society, and includes areas like logic, reasoning, knowledge, etc. It provides a base for critical and imaginative thinking and richly contributes to the general good of the society.
CBSE Class 11th Science Subjects:
CBSE Class 11 Science (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology) are quite different from what you have studied in your CBSE Class 10. The difference in the level of difficulty is vast. Not only scores of new chapters, concepts, and topics are added in Class 11 syllabus, but also every concept and topic is much more detailed. This means in order to score well, one needs to have a deeper knowledge. Sometime students have to rot some facts & names etc. But overall, these subjects also require conceptual understanding and logical thinking of students of given topics.
- Biology: You can approach Biology by trying to visualize the functions of the described phenomena and trying to correlate them with analogies that you’re familiar with. Give special attention to the names and spellings of the many biological terminologies. A good method for this is to try and break down complex words to identify their biology term and easily to understand biology.
- Chemistry: Chemistry needs one to remember a lot of formulas, reactions, equations, etc. So, as you study, jot down the equations, reactions and formulas. You need to work on problem solving with the intent of learning the idea. Pay attention in classes as it’s the only place you’ll be taught how to use scientific equipments.
- Physics: Physics is based on a number of central theories from which everything else develops. Consequently, instead of trying to memorize complex problems, it is advisable to focus on the basic concepts and theories which will help you understand the underlying principles and the connection between different subjects. Laws and theorems can be learnt by heart. Pay attention in classes as it’s the only place you’ll be taught how to use scientific equipments.
- Maths: More often students get scared by Maths' name but cracking is not a hard nut. Maths is a practical subject. It only requires more logical and analytical thinking. The best way to learn it is by practicing problems. Make sure you practice problem solving only after you’ve gained good confidence.
- Computer Science:This is also a practical subject. The secret to this subject is the comprehension of machine logic. It is important to practice programs. Just like Maths, no matter how well you understand logic or principles, only practice can teach you how to approach a problem and solve it.
English & Hindi (language subjects): Practice the art of reading, speaking and writing. Expose yourself to English speaking situations and try to assimilate the information you receive. Develop good reading practice by reading novels, newspapers, books, etc. The best way to improve writing is to try and think in the language itself.