DU LLB Exam FAQ
Aspirants must have various questions about DU LLB exam. Thus, we decided to enlist a variety of DU admission FAQs for the sake of their convenience. Students may have questions varying from submission of DU LLB exam pattern, admission process & fees, necessary documents to the merit list, cut off and the process involved.
Thus, with an objective to help DU aspirants in understanding of DU LLB entrance exam, filling the application form and complete the admission process, RankersBuzz presents you DU LLB FAQ at one place so that you need not to look for them here and there.
DU LLB FAQ addresses the frequently asked questions of DU LLB by applicants of Delhi University and ensure that nothing is missed by the aspirants about DU LLB entrance exam. In this article, we have tried to answer almost every frequently asked questions of DU LLB aspirants.
- What is CUET?
CUET or Common University Entrance Test is a central admission process which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission into those universities which come under cuet i.e. accepting cuet score.
- What is the benefit of cuet?
CUET makes it easier to apply for more than one colleges / universities through a single application process & single entrance exam. Before cuet, for admission into different universities /colleges you had to fill individual form & also you had to appear in individual exam.
- Will the eligibility for the different colleges / universities be the same now after cuet?
No, the colleges / universities will have their own sets of eligibility for the particular course they are offering.
- Will the syllabus & exam pattern for the written exam be same for admission into different colleges / universities?
Yes, now from 2023 those colleges / universities which are offering admission into its 3 years llb course through cuet pg have the same syllabus & exam pattern.
- Will Du take admission through CUET?
Yes, from 2023, admission into DU LLB Course will be offered only on the basis of CUET - Common University Entrance Test Score.
- What is the role of the NTA (National Testing Agency)?
NTA is only responsible for conducting entrance test & releasing scorecard. Rest merit list & admission process will be done by the concerned colleges / universities authorities.
DU LLB Online Application FAQs
- When DU releases the online application form for admission in llb / llm course?
In general days, the online application is released in month of April / May of every year. This year online application form has been released on 20th March 2023.
- What is the du llb online application fees?
For Unreserved/General the du llb online application fees is Rs.1,000, for OBC and EWS Category Candidates the fees is Rs.800, for SC & ST the du llb online application fees is Rs.750 and for PwBD Category Candidates the fees is Rs.700.
- What is the list of documents & photographs required to complete du llb online application form?
The list of documents & photographs which requires to fill the du llb online application form are –
- His/Her Passport size photograph, max size 50KB and dimensions 100px (min. width) X 130px (min. height)
- His/Her Scanned Signature, max size 50KB and dimensions 140px (min. width) X 60px (min. height)
- A valid ID Proof (Self Attested). This can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card / Voter's Identity Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License
- Class 10th Certificate (Self Attested) as Date of Birth proof, max size 100KB.
- Caste Certificate (Self Attested) , max size 100KB.
- What is the url or link to fill the du llb online application?
To fill the du llb online application form visit official website of the National Testing Agency (nta) www.nta.ac.in or direct link
- What is du llb 2023 online application form date.
You can fill the du llb 2023 online application form between 20th March 2023 to 11th May 2023.
- Is du llb online application comes under UG Admission or PG Admission?
Although du llb is a ug course but DU puts it into PG Admission.
- Can we fill the du llb application in offline mode?
No, you have to fill the du llb application form in online mode only at nta official website.
DU LLB Eligibility FAQs
- I am a science graduate. Am I eligible to apply for du llb exam?
Yes, not matter what discipline you have opted in your graduation. All the students who have done graduation either in arts or in commerce or in science are eligible to apply for du llb exam.
- Am I eligible to apply in du llb exam while I am in the final year of my graduation?
Yes, as per the educational qualification criteria, laid down by du, you are eligible to apply for du llb exam while you are studying in final year of your examination. But you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria before the commencement of classes.
- Can I apply for du llb entrance exam after my 12th?
No, du llb is a 3 years course designed for graduate candidates only. So you can't apply for du llb after 12th.
- Is there any no. of attempts specified for dullb?
No, You can apply as many times you wish for du llb exam.
- Is there any upper age limit for du llb entrance exam?
No, as per the BCI, there is no upper age limit for du llb exam. In India you can acquire llb & llm degree at any stage of your life.
- Is there any % criteria laid down for du llb eligibility?
Yes, for general category there should be 50% marks in graduation, for OBC/CW/PwBD Category there should be 45% marks and for SC/ST Category there should be 40% marks.
- Is there any Sports Quota for du llb / llm course?
No, du has clearly mentions in its notification that for llb or llm course at du, there is no any special quota for sportsperson.
DU LLB Written Exam FAQs
- When NTA will release the du llb 2023 admit card?
NTA will release the admit card for du llb 2023 written exam tentatively in the 4th week of May, 2023.
- When du llb 2023 entrance test will be conducted?
DU llb 2023 entrance test will be conducted between 5th June 2023 to 12th June 2023.
- What is the duration of the du llb entrance exam?
Duration of the du llb entrance exam is 2 hours / 120 minutes.
- How many questions are asked in du llb entrance exam?
There are total 100 questions asked in du llb entrance exam.
- From which subjects, questions are asked in du llb entrance exam?
The questions are asked from subjects like Reasoning, Maths, English Language, Computer,
Legal Aptitude, GK & Current Affairs.
- Is there any sectional cut off in du llb entrance exam?
No, there is no sectional cut off. Students have to pass overall including all subjects.
- Is du llb entrance exam conducted offline or online?
DU llb entrance exam is conducted in online mode i.e. computer based.
- What is the medium of the du llb written exam?
The medium of du llb written exam is English & Hindi now.
- Is there any negative marking scheme in du llb written exam.
Yes, for each wrong answer 1 mark is deducted while for each correct answer 4 marks are awarded.
- Are questions in du llb entrance objective or subjective?
Questions in du llb entrance are objective i.e. mcq type only.
- Are there any interview process conducted & its marks added in final merit list of du llb entrance exam?
No interview is conducted during selection of candidates for du llb course. Admission is offered on the merit & performance in written test only.
- What are the min marks I should get in entrance test for admission in du llb course?
For admission in any of the law college of du for llb course, you must score min 250+ in written exam. Although cut off of every year is different & depends on various factors. To see the previous year cut off marks & rank kindly visit du llb cut off page.
DU LLB Colleges & Seats FAQs
- How many du colleges offer llb course?
There are only three du colleges which offer llb degree. These are campus law centre, law centre 1 and law centre 2.
- How many seats for llb & llm courses are offered through du llb entrance exam ?
There are a total of 2922 seats (CLC- 974, LCI- 974, LC2- 974) available in LLB. LLM two years course has 73 seats and LLM three years course has 64 seats.
DU LLB counseling FAQs
- Question: When will DU start the counseling for 2023?
Answer: The exact schedule for counseling will be notified on the Delhi University website. According to last year's trend, it may be conducted in the month of July.
- Question: I don’t have my degree certificate as it is still not being issued by my college. How can I appear in the DU LLB 2023 counseling?
Answer: In such a case, you must go to your college and apply for a provisional degree certificate. The provisional certificate will be equally valid for counseling.
- Question: My name is in the DU LLB merit list, but I haven’t received my call letter. How can I appear in the counseling of DU LLB?
Answer: This may happen when there is a technical issue while sending the call letters. You must contact the DU Faculty of Law in such a case.
- Question: Who will participate in DU LLB counseling 2023?
Answer: Only those candidates will participate in the counseling who are part of DU LLB merit list 2023. DU LLB counseling is conducted either online or offline at the counseling venue of DU. Before appearing for counseling candidate will need to submit the registration form that will be made available on the official website of DU. In this year 2023, the counselling is being conducted online.
- Question: How many seats are available in DU LLB 2023?
Answer: According to the 2023 information bulletin of DU, there are 2922 seats for all categories for 3 years llb course.
- Question: Does the DU LLB participating institutes offer BA LLB?
Answer: No, Delhi University offers only 3 years LLB programme. For this, the candidate must be a graduate from any recognized college / university.
- Question: What will be the basis of seat allotment to the DU LLB 2023 participating institutes?
Answer: The seat allotment will be based on the merit-cum-preference of the candidate. Candidates who are ranked higher will have more options, as they will be called first for counseling.
- Question: How can I get admission in DU LLB?
Answer: To get admission in DU LLB you will have to apply through the online application form released by the nta, after which entrance test will be conducted. Clearing the entrance test under eligibility criteria will give you admission in DU LLB.