NDA Frequently Asked Questions
Being NDA Aspirants, there are lots of questions in your mind. Mostly questions strike in your mind when you start your nda preparation & filling the online application form. In general, these questions are based on nda eligibility, age, qualification, online application process, admit card, result, selection process, ssb interview, physical standard & medical examinations. To improve your knowledge base for nda eligibility, nda application & selection, we have summarized below the most important frequently asked questions.
NDA Online Application Form
- Question: Where to fill nda online application form?
Answer: To fill nda online application form, you have to visit upsc official website www.upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in
- Question: When does UPSC release the nda online application form?
Answer: UPSC releases the online application form twice in a year. For NDA 1 April exam, UPSC releases the notification & nda online application form in last week of Dec & for NDA 2 Sep exam, UPSC releases the notification & nda online application form in 2nd week of June.
- Question: What are the documents required to fill nda online application form?
Answer: You require to have valid an email ID, a contact number, a soft copy of Photo and signature or thumb impression in required size and format to fill nda online application form.
- Question: What are the uploading documents size & format?
Answer: Uploading documents in prescribed size & format is very important. Find the documents size & format details below.
- Aadhar card - PDF format only 20 KB to 300 KB each
- Scanned photograph - JPG format, 20 KB to 300 KB and min resolution of 350 x 350 pixels
- Scanned signature - JPG format, 20 KB to 300 KB and min resolution of 350 x 350 pixels
- Question: How to do fees payment for nda online application form?
Answer: You can make payment using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa / MasterCard / Rupay Credit / Debit Card. You can also deposit fees cash in any of given state bank branches.
- Question: Is it necessary to fill up both the parts i.e. part-I and part-II of the nda online application form?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to fill up both the parts i.e. part-I and part-II of the nda online application form otherwise your application will be rejected on the ground of incomplete form / data.
- Question: Is it possible to edit my record after submitting nda online application form?
Answer: No, there is no editing facility in the application. In case of any mistake you have done while filling nda online application form, you need to submit fresh new application. Latest application will be considered valid & earlier application will be declared null.
- Question: What is the application fee to apply for NDA II 2022 exam?
Answer: Application fee for NDA II 2022 is Rs.100. SC & ST are exempted from payment of fee.
- Question: What is the mode of submitting NDA Exam application?
Answer: There is only online mode of submitting application for NDA exam. Although payment of fee can be done either online or deposited the money in the branch of SBI.
- Question: What is the last date to apply NDA II 2022?
Answer: The nda online application can be filled till 14th June, 2022 by 6.00 PM.
- Question: Which nationals other than Indians are eligible to apply nda?
Answer: A subject of Nepal, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India are eligible to apply for nda other than Indians.
- Question: What are the qualifications required to appear in NDA entrance exam?
Answer: For Indian Army wing, candidates should be 12th passed and for Indian Navy & Indian Air Force, candidates should be 12th passed with Physics & Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Question: What is the age limit for NDA entrance exam?
Answer: A candidate should be age of between 16 ½ to 19 ½ years.
- For NDA I 2022, students should born between 2nd July 2003 & 1st July 2006.
- For NDA II 2022, students should born between 2nd Jan 2004 & 1st Jan 2007.
- For NDA I 2023, students should born between 2nd July 2004 & 1st July 2007.
- For NDA II 2023, students should born between 2nd Jan 2005 & 1st Jan 2008.
*Both dates are inclusive. **Age calculation will be done from the date of NDA Course Commencement.
- Question: Is there any specific % require to apply for NDA?
Answer: No. As per the NDA notification & UPSC website, there is no such criteria mentioned.
- Question: Is there any specific 12th board required for appearing in NDA entrance exam?
Answer: No, Students from any state board, CBSE & ICSE board can appear in NDA entrance exam.
- Question: Is open schooling / distance schooling +2 students eligible to apply for nda?
Answer: Yes, open schooling / distance schooling +2 students are eligible to appear in nda exam. But you must note that the +2 education system should be of 2 years & your open school / board must recognize by concern authorities / education board.
- Question: How many attempts are allowed for appearing in NDA entrance exams?
Answer: There is no such no. of attempts is mentioned in NDA notification or on UPSC website. Students can attempt till they fulfill the age criteria of NDA application.
- Question: Can female/girl candidates apply for NDA entrance exam?
Answer: No, Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA entrance exam.
- Question: What is nda exam pattern?
Answer: NDA exam papers include multiple choice questions from English, GK & Maths subjects. Each Question carries 4 marks & total marks of written papers is 900.
- Question: Is there any negative marking scheme in nda written exam?
Answer: Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3 of the marks allocated to that question. i.e. 1.33 marks deducted for each wrong answer in gat paper & 0.83 marks deducted for each wrong answer in maths paper.
- Question: How many times NDA entrance exam are conducted?
Answer: NDA entrance exams are conducted twice a year i.e. NDA I in April & NDA II in September.
- Question: Which organization / authority conducts NDA written exams?
Answer: UPSC conducts NDA written exams.
NDA Selection Process
- Question: What is the NDA selection procedure?
Answer: The selection of candidates is done on the basis of written exam followed by Intelligence and Personality Test - SSB / Interview & Medical fitness test. Written test of Mathematics – 300 Marks – 2 ½ Hrs & General Ability Test (English -200 Marks & General Knowledge – 400 Marks) – 600 Marks – 2 ½ Hrs will be taken. Successful candidates then will be called for SSB Test/Interview – 900 Marks. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- Question: Is it necessary to pass both nda Maths & GAT papers?
Answer: Yes, to be called for SSB Interview / to proceed into further round you must pass in both papers individually. Suppose you haven't pass in paper 1 Maths then obviously they won't check paper 2 GAT.
- Question: What is the date of course commencement for selected candidates in NDA II 2022?
Answer: For the candidates who qualifies NDA II 2022 Exam, the course will be commencing from 2nd July 2023 for 150th Course at NDA & 112th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
NDA SSB Interview
- Question: What is SSB?
Answer: SSB stands for Service Selection Board, having responsibility to conduct Interview - Intelligence and Personality Test to evaluate prospective candidates for recruitment in the Army, Navy and Air Force. There is no limit on the number of attempts for SSB Interview. The selection system is designed over a five-day process, Day 1 is the screening test, Day 2 is the Psychologist Tests, Day 3 & 4 is the group tasks and Day 5 is the Conference (Results). The personal interview will be conducted either in day 2,3 or 4 during the post lunch or evening hours.
- Question: I have passed NDA written exam. What should I do next for SSB?
Answer: After having cleared the NDA written examination the candidates should log on to the following websites to register for their ssb centre & date of interview :- joinindianarmy.nic.in, joinindiannavy.gov.in, careerairforce.nic.in
* Kindly note that candidates must complete the registration for SSB within 15 days from date of publish of written result.
* Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time, shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits only once.
- What are the lists of documents required to appear in SSB?
Answer: The following documents are required to appear in SSB.
- Original Matric (in support of date of birth), 10+2 pass or equivalent certificate / mark sheet (t in support of educational qualification).
- Ten passport size un-attested photographs.
- One pair White PT shoes, two pairs each white socks, white shorts, white T-shirts and two pairs of formal trousers and shirts (sober colour).
- Print out of Call letter.
- Risk certificate duly signed by parent / guardian to state 'candidate (name) attending SSB with parent's / guardian's consent and at his own risk. Parent / guardian is not entitled to claim any compensation or relief from government for injury sustained during SSB interview.
* Candidates have to report at the concerned Railway Station before 14:30 hrs on the reporting date. A representative from the SSB will be present at the railway station for reception. In case of any difficulty, candidates can contact the MCO office.
- Question: What is PABT?
Answer: The candidates, who are applying for Air Force wing as First choice & one of the choice as Air Force subject to their eligibility and if they are so willing, have to separately qualify the PABT - Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Pilot Aptitude Battery Test is an aptitude test designed and conducted for all those candidates who aspire and apply for a flying career in the Air Force. The main aim is to test the mental alertness, presence of mind and self-confidence of the candidate. It checks whether a prospective candidate has proper control over his nerves while he is flying an aircraft. For this, the candidate is put through tests including meter reading, flying test and drum test. Now CPSS (Computerized Pilot Selection System) is being used in place of PABT. Any candidate can appear only once in PABT or CPSS.
NDA Medical & Physical Standard
- Is there any standard height of the candidates required for NDA?
Answer: Yes, the minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force). For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights will be 5 cms. less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Question: What is the medical eligibility for nda exam?
Answer: Candidates must be physically and mentally fit according to the given standards.
- Vision standard for Navy and Airforce
- Candidate must able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye without glasses only.
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including Astigmatism.
- Vision standard for Army
- Uncorrected vision (max allowed) - 6/36 & 6/36
- BCVA - Rt 6/6 & Lt 6/6
- Myopia - < -2.5D Sph (including max astigmatism ≤ +/- 2.0D Cyl)
- Hypermetropia - <+2.5D Sph, (including max astigmatism ≤ +/- 2.0D Cyl)
- Teeth, Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions :
- The applicants ought to have an adequate number of normal and sound teeth.
- At least 14 dental focuses will be satisfactory.
- A hopeful ought not to be experiencing serious pyorrhea.
- The listening must be ordinary.
- A hopeful ought to have the capacity to hear a constrained whisper with every ear at a separation of 610 cms in a very room.
- There ought to be no confirmation of present or past disease of the ear, nose, and throat.
- A sound metric test will be ruined AF. Sound metric misfortune ought not to exceed +20 db in frequencies somewhere around 250Hz and 4000 Hz.
- Is Lasik / equivalent surgery allowed to correct the vision?
Answer: Strictly, Not permitted to carry out any Lasik / equivalent surgery to correct the vision standard.
- Question: What are physical criteria for nda?
Answer: Physical condition & criteria for nda aspirants are mentioned below.
- First of all, the participants should take care that they are physically & mentally fit and fine and free from any type of disease / disability.
- Participant does not have any type of mental breakdown record in past.
- The aspirant must undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes, a fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
- Candidate must be under a standard weight
- The chest should be in fine condition. An x-ray of the candidate will be carried out for figuring out any disease in his chest.
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
- There are height/weight standards for candidates. Please refer nda official notification.
- Question: Am I eligible for army, navy & air force since i wear spectacles?
Answer: If you wear spectacles, then you are not eligible for navy & air force, however you can apply but limited only for army but still there is a condition that your spectacles power must not be greater than -2.5D. Also you can refer to vision standard as lay down for admission in armed forces.
NDA Admit Card
- What is e-Admit Card?
Answer: Now-a-days, almost all exam conducting body don’t send any hard copy of printed admit card. Candidates need to download admit card from authorized website. This soft copy of admit card is also called e-Admit Card.
- When UPSC releases the e-Admit Card for NDA?
Answer: UPSC releases NDA e-Admit Card 3 weeks prior / before the date of scheduled nda exam date.
- How can I download NDA e-Admit Card?
Answer: To download nda e-Admit Card, you have to visit upsc website [upsc.gov.in] & login using credentials like Registration ID & Date of Birth or Roll No or Password. Download your nda e-Admit Card & take a print-out too.
- Question: When does the result of nda written exam publish?
Answer: UPSC releases the nda result after 2 to 2½ months of its written exam.
- Question: Where & How can we check nda result?
Answer: NDA result can be checked on UPSC website. UPSC releases the list of successful candidates in pdf format on its website. You can check your result by doing finding / filtration by your nda roll number or name in pdf.
- Question: Can we check or challenge our marks or result of nda written exam?
Answer: No, you can't check your obtained marks of nda written exam as upsc releases only list of successful candidates not the marks. Also you can't challenge your marks or nda result.